Re: Upgrade loses network card

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 12:18:50PM -0300, Philip Pinkerton wrote:
| I can install Sarge just fine network and all.
|
| When I change to unstable(sid) and apt-update/dist-upgrade
|
| and re-boot the system can no longer fine the network hardware.
|
| So nowwww I need to re-install again from scratch ?

What is your network hardware?  You can just load the kernel module
for it manually or list it in /etc/modules and go from there.  You do
not -have- to reinstall from scratch.

If you have no idea what your network hardware is, then run the
command 'lspci' and it will provide a clue.  Then search with google
to find out what kernel module contains the driver for your particular
card.

-D

--
Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet