Re: Inline PGP signatures

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 08:33:03PM +0100, Joerg Johannes wrote:
| Am Sa, den 27.03.2004 schrieb Paul Johnson um 16:56:
| > Joerg Johannes <liste_joerg@gmx.de> writes:
| > > Thanks, Derrick. But the good thing about using evolution is, NOT having
| > > to use maildrop/procmail/fetchmail and all that stuff.
| >
| > Well, obviously that claim isn't true if it can't handle PGP/MIME properly.
|
| OK, you're right. So "s/good thing/idea/" should be applied to what I
| said above ;)

Yeah, the good thing about using maildrop, etc., is the ability to fit
additional filtering and whatnot in the path of the message.  With an
all-in-one deal like evolution, you'll have to start writing C code
and compiling your own version of the app in order to add the ability
to better handle non-MIME PGP messages.  As one of my profs likes to
say "pay your money take your choice".

(BTW, note that you could use fetchmail and maildrop along with
evolution, if you want to)

-D

--
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but he who hates correction is stupid.