Re: tetex-extra will not install in sarge - PARTLY SOLVED

On 01 Apr 2004, CW Harris wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 01:28:12PM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > On 01 Apr 2004, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > > Has anyone had problems installing tetex-extra in Sarge?
> > >
> > > I've tried repeatedly but it keeps failing to install certain fonts and
> > > then remaining half-installed. I can't see anything in the bug reports
> > > similar to this.
> > >
> > > Anthony
> > >

> > >From the logs I found that tetex-extra was complaining about hyphen.gr
> > being missing. I therefore obtained it from elsewhere and placed it in
> > /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen. Tetex-extra then installed,
> > although dvips still doesn't print anything (something I've experienced
>
> Does it create output to a file? (E.g. file.ps)
> Have you run texconfig to set up dvips the way you want?
> Any error messages?

Thanks; I found what the problem was: the editor command was commented out in
config.ps. This should be documented somewhere (probably is, but I
didn't find it).

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic