Re: PLEASE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO TURN MY DMA ON?

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 08:01:59PM +0400, Dan Korostelev wrote:
> apt-get install hdparm, edit /etc/hdparm.conf (On Sarge and Sid)
>
> or one-time thing: hdparm -d /dev/hdX (where X is the HDD device letter)

Hi :)

This will query whether the DMA is enabled or not.
To enable:

  # hdparm -d1 /dev/hdX

Disable with -d0

Since the email that started  the thead is way too
naive, We have to suposse  we're talking of a hard
disk. Don't forget to  test whether it works. Turn
DMA on  and off and  try the following  command to
see what happens.

  # hdparm -tT /dev/hdX

Read the man pages.

Regards,
Nelson.-

--
http://geocities.com/arhuaco

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself
and you are the easiest person to fool.
     -- Richard Feynman.