Re: PLEASE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO TURN MY DMA ON?

>Re: PLEASE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO TURN MY DMA ON?

Perhaps you should try to figure out first if your drive supports DMA
since enabling it without support apparently can cause damage to the
drive. To turn on DMA then you do this:

   hdparm -d1 /dev/hda    # or whatever the name of your hard drive is

"man hdparm" give some of the possible options. Just "hdparm /dev/hda"
will tell you what options are already enabled.

> HI PLEASE HELP ME.

Why are you shouting?

Regards
Olle