Re: how to do/repair a raid1 missing disk install (was: Re: lilo + raid = disaster (again))

In article <[🔎] 20040326160506.GB7587@khazad-dum.debian.net>,
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh  <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
>On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Antony Gelberg wrote:
>> sector, and I'm tired of it.  If you don't have time to make it into a
>> howto, let me know and I'll do it.
>
>Please do it :-)  I lack the time to write (and maintain) such a howto.

Note that from the 2.6.5-rc1 kernel on, you can RAID1 2 complete
disks and partition the MD device. It's more natural, and performance
will be better. The kernel RAID1 code tries to do smart things with
head locations / seeks, but it doesn't know about multiple MD devices
so if you're using more than one MD device on a diskset, that
optimization is gone.

Mike.
--
Netu, v qba'g yvxr gur cynvagrkg :)