Re: Soundcard got crazy under linux

El Viernes, 26 de Marzo de 2004 00:38, Kent West escribió:
> Bokeron wrote:
> >Hello, I am a new user to the list. I have a problem with my laptop's
> >integrated soundcard. It is a SiS7012 (using driver i8x0).
> >
> >The soundcard worked perfectly for a year under Mandrake 9.1 first, with
> >kernel 2.4.x and recently under Debian sid with kernel 2.6.2 and 2.6.3.
> I'd try a third OS, Knoppix, just to see what happens.
>
> I'd check the BIOS settings to see if there's anything in there
> regarding the sound card that might have an effect.

There's nothing wrong with the BIOS settings since there's nothing related to
the soundcard in it.

I tried Knoppix as you suggested, also installed Fedora Core 1 and the sound
was perfect on both of them. I have just finished installing Mandrake 10
(again, with its own lilo and then Grub) and the sound is again too low.
Maybe it's because of kernel 2.6.3, but that would make sense if it hadn't
worked the first time I installed it.

I guess I will try to install again Debian from scratch and see what happens.

Thank you for your response.

Regards