Re: Dual Display on a Laptop?

hi ya andy

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Andy Firman wrote:

> Here is my XF86Config-4 file pasted below.
> I use a Thinkpad A31 with 15" screen and external 15" Flat panel monitor.
> My setup has 2 complete desktops...one for each screen.
> The mouse freely travels between each. This is a great setup.
> But I can't drag applications across to each other because they are
> independant desktops.

you cannot drag your xterm across the 2 monitors
because you turned off xinerama

> Section "ServerLayout"
> 	Identifier	"multi"
> 	Screen		"Screen[0]"
> 	Option		"Clone" "off"
> 	Option		"Xinerama" "off"

magic happens
	- for fun, try:  "Xinerama: "on"

sometimes you want 2 different and complete gnome/kde for 2 different
people or for you and your alter-ego

sometimes you want 2 monitors that looks like one giant screen

more dual-head and quad-head config
	http://www.Linux-1U.net/X11/Dual

c ya
alvin