Re: debian and women? from DWN #10

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 07:01:50AM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> Emma Jane Kent - Cool. And I'm flattered . . . <snicker snicker>
> (there goes that politically incorrect '60s throwback again . . .)

Actually the 60s parallel may be pretty on-topic here: the way women
were treated in the Berkley radical movements, the student protests
sounds very analgous to the TLDP document and the way women are treated
in the technology area, i.e., both were male-dominated and women were
rare.  I forget where but I heard a woman say that at speeches, male speakers
would not address whatever was said by the women, but would address whatever
was said by the previous man.  See the scene in "Forrest Gump" for an example.