Re: debian and women? from DWN #10

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 05:12:50PM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> >> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Encourage-Women-Linux-HOWTO/
>
> I've been slowly wading through it.  I honestly didn't find anything
> offensive in the document.  I guess I should re-read it after I finish
> reading the flameage.

Heh. Neither did I the first time. ...

Now pretend you're a guy and read it again. Suddenly you can do no right.
Everything is the man's fault--whether it's action or a lack of action.
According to this document, you can't be a shy male sitting in the corner
of a LUG. You have to be watching all the time for things that might be
considered offensive to women. It's also uses aggressive (angry?) language.
It's fun to read as a woman--at least I get a kick out of it and feel all
empowered and bold and (yeah, like I need help with that).... I'll stop
there for fear of starting another flamefest on this list about the very
same document.

emma
PS I'll probably change my last name when I get married because Kent is
way cooler than Hogbin. Not to mention I've always wanted to have a name
that's 4+4+4 letters long. Hogbin's too long.

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]