Re: Install stalling with sarge.

hugo vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

> Ruben Lopez wrote:

> > cannot tell
> >

> <snip>
>
>  From what CW says it might be the fact that you are partitioning. Did
> you check the install-report package for bugs? I don't don't partition, I
> only use what there is and format. But I also have a 40GB maxtor and so
> that ain't it.
>
> So do you have to partition? Is it a new disk? If so partition on an
> existing linux, or better yet, run Knoppic and do the partitioning with
> it, just use cfdisk.
>
> Then run the installer again and don't partition but just format.

The problem comes before that - I cannot access the drive at all, so I
cannot run cfdisk to format or partition. I tried installing with a blank
drive and then with the drive already partitioned, but the result was the
same - the installer hung at the "Partition..." option and using ash I could

not access the disk.

Ruben