Re: Install stalling with sarge.

hugo vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

> > I am trying to install sarge, but the installation doesn't seem to be
> > able to detect my hard drive. When I select the "Partition a Hard Drive"
> > option, nothing happens except the installation menu just returns to the
> > "Partition..." option. When I start cfdisk in ash I get "FATAL ERROR:
> > Cannot open disk drive". I have searched some of the buglists but I
cannot tell
> > if this is documented or has been resolved. Is there a way to get around
> > this?

> Don't start another thread within one.

Sorry... I cleaned out the headers so that the threading wouldn't show up,
but I guess my hack didn't work as intended.

> And what pray tell kind of hard
> drive *do* you have?

Well, pray tell, I am using a Maxtor 40GB drive, but I don't think the
problem is with the drive, since I can install woody and W*nd*ws normally on
this drive.

> And what version of the installer are you running?

Not sure... I have the sarge iso dated 3/22/04, but I don't know how to
determine the version of the installer.

> And how are you running it?

Not sure what you are asking here.... booting from CD, and everything seems
to go fine until I get to the partitioning option. I have tried installing
both as normal install and expert (although I am hardly an expert!).

Ruben