[OT] How big are Logitech's balls?

Logitech do some rather neat optical trackballs, called "Marble", with
a speckledy ball to give the optical sensor something to work on.

Unfortunately they are all very decidedly asymmetrical and
right-handed only.

I have a Trust Ami Track trackball, which is sensibly designed: it is
bilaterally symmetrical and equally suitable for right- or left-handed
use. Unfortunately it uses mechanical pickup, with the attendant
disadvantage of picking up finger grease which causes it to stop
working.

So I've whacked an optical sensor in it, and speckled the ball by hand
with a felt pen. This took ages, and sooner or later I'm afraid the
speckles are going to wear off. No doubt the Logitech speckled balls
are more durably marked, so it would be worth my while to get a
Logitech optical trackball just for the ball, as long as it's the
right size.

If anyone on the list has one of the Logitech devices, could you
please measure the diameter of the ball and let me know? Please be as
accurate as you can. The Trust needs a 40mm diameter ball; the
tolerance is something around +/-0.5mm.

TIA,

--
Pigeon