Re: debian and women? from DWN #10

On 2004-03-25, Number Six penned:

> Carol is a man's name sometimes.  There was an actress on the TV show
> "The Waltons" named Mike.  And in the 1800's Barbara was sometimes a
> man's name.

When I was a kid, I met a female lifeguard named Michael.  IIRC, she
told me that her parents had been expecting a boy, so when she showed up
... well, they had already picked the name.

Dunno if she was pulling my leg or what.

> My favorite name on this list is Uwe Dippel.  Sometimes I'll just walk
> around and blurt out "EWEY DIPPLE!"

While that does crack me up, the pronunciation is "ooh-vuh" (more or
less).  That's my brother's middle name, too.

--
monique