Re: debian and women? from DWN #10

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:51:19AM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On 2004-03-25, Number Six penned:
> >
> > I always thought Monique was a guy.  I think what happened was I saw
> > "Herman" and subconsciously said: Oh yeah, Monique, that's a guy's
> > name in France...
>
> Pretty sure it's not ...
>
> > I personally enjoy working with women in computers, because it's so
> > rare.  I like the mundane aspects of it.  I wish more women would come
> > just "be here" (not be hit on) because it improves the ambience.
>
> Well, if nothing else, the more women there are about, the more people
> will come to accept women in technical circles as a mundane thing ...
> and that can only be good, for everyone involved.

Yes. I have found that <generalization> men and women think about things
in different ways, probably due to differing life experiences (cf.
Monique's comment re: female getting weird email about her picture
showing she is too good for her boyfriend - how often would something
like that happen to a male?). </generalization>

There are differing life experiences, and both bring interesting
viewpoints into technical and non-technical circles.

BTW I like your George stories. Very funny.

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.