Re: debian and women? from DWN #10

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 06:31:23PM +1100, Rebecca Dridan wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 06:10:56PM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> > Any women out there?  Have you found debian and/or other OSS or
> > technical groups to be difficult, possibly because you're female?
> I've never found any problems on this list when I've posted. No comments

I always thought Monique was a guy.  I think what happened was I saw
"Herman" and subconsciously said: Oh yeah, Monique, that's a guy's name
in France...

Once I met a dot-Com manager-type, a hot blonde, who could speak the
FreeBSD/FOSS lingo, it was totally righteous.  There was this girl in
college who was ugly, I mean beyond ugly, she was beat to death with the
ugly stick, but she was a hippie and wore these little sundresses (but
her body wasn't good anything, thin as a rail) and never wore shows.
She was triple majoring in Math, Physics, and Mandarin Chinese.

Total trip.

I personally enjoy working with women in computers, because it's so
rare.  I like the mundane aspects of it.  I wish more women would come
just "be here" (not be hit on) because it improves the ambience.