Re: locale errors

Try "dpkg-reconfigure locales" as root. If the locales package is not
installed, type "apt-get install locales". Please use the archive at
<http://groups.google.com> (Group linux.debian.user) or
<http://liste.debian.org> first next time. This question has been asked
and answered more then once.

best regards
       Andreas Janssen

What question hasn't been asked and answered more than once? What question is new anymore?

Have you tried looking up info through google lately?

A quick look-up with the search string "locale settings" returns nothing that would help me; it does offer attempts to stear me in the right direction, but I probably would have made other problems in trying to fix my one.

With regards to it being asked previously; they may have asked it differently, they may not have thought it out, and asked it like I did, there are a number of ways of asking any given problem, if I didn't word it like they did, it would be like shouting into the darkness (like most search attempts).

I understand that the "noise" and/or extra bandwidth that I used in sending/receiving comments with this message might have been burdensome to the server(s), and possibly you, but I received the answer quicker, and more presice to my dilemma, then if I had gone through google.

Who's to say what questions are allowed to be answered/asked? Should they all go through you first; deleting the ones you feel are exotic enough to actually spend time answering?

Secondly, the possible ways of explaining a problem are far from small, I could have typed away dozens of attempts in google, and still not gotten an answer. But I did here; in about five minutes.

I did search google, but all I recieved as replies were how to change my locale settings, which I didn't want to do, I needed to generate the ones I already had defined.

And I know me, as a relative idiot in the Linux/GNU world, snapping at you, and possibly offending you as well as others is wrong, and probably in very bad taste. But I couldn't let you try to tell me what I can and cannot post.

If you can show me five posts where this exact question has been answered previously. I'll shut up about this, praise you, and apologize for wasting bandwidth/etc.

I apologize now for being a giant, swarthy, uncouth, american.