Hello

Ashley Graham (<ph33rful@optonline.net>) wrote:

> how do I fix this:
>
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>         LANGUAGE = (unset),
>         LC_ALL = (unset),
>         LC_CTYPE = "en_US.UTF-8",
>         LANG = (unset)
>     are supported and installed on your system.
> perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C")
>
> I can't remember what I did, but this error wasn't around the whole
> time. I think it started appearing after I installed something, but
> for the life of me, can't remember what.
>
> It's popping up when I try to run some programs, and causing certain
> ones to stop/crash, and other's to run "fine".

Try "dpkg-reconfigure locales" as root. If the locales package is not
installed, type "apt-get install locales". Please use the archive at
<http://groups.google.com> (Group linux.debian.user) or
<http://liste.debian.org> first next time. This question has been asked
and answered more then once.

best regards