Re: debian and women? from DWN #10

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 11:13:09AM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On 2004-03-25, Number Six penned:
> >
> > The tune "Man Smart, Women Smarter" seems appropriate to bring up
> > here:
> > http://dannyman.toldme.com/lyrics/Grateful_Dead/Man_Smart,_Women_Smarter.html
> >
> > It's a cover tune, a lot of other people sing it.  If you don't
> > believe that Women rule the world you are a fool.

[snip]

> Anyway, I have no more interest in women ruling the world than men.  The
> lure of power has no gender bias.
>
> Sorry for going way off-topic here.  It's (obviously) a pet peeve of
> mine.

Without countering anything you just said (cause I agree with you), I'd
like to insert an aside about Why I Liked Going To Grateful Dead
Concerts Even Though I'm Really Square And Uptight:

It's one of the only places I've ever been where I was just free to be
me and didn't feel like I was being judged.  Who am I?  Kind of a square
and uptight guy who likes his hair cut short, can't dance, doesn't do
the nerdy bitingly sarcasm humor thing or puns, in short, I don't like
to exert any sort of Power whatsoever.  In short, I felt no *judgements*
of any kind.  Any old type of personality will do.  It was like church.

You got me thinking about it with what you said about power.  It was the
only place where people looked at me, and said: come on, we'll take you
just as you are!  Here's a joint and now let's dance.