Re: crontab jobs not running?

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 07:17:22AM +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:

> Just a thought - do you have anacron installed.  Its a while since I have,
> but I have this feeling that it simulates the running of cron and therefore
> its the times in /etc/anacrontab that matter

No, anacron is not installed.  In any case, the reboot appeared to clear the
problem, at least when it comes to the use of 'crontab -e'.  Once I got that
working, I didn't bother to check again and see if perhaps "/etc/crontab"
still has the problem with the timezones.

Many thanks to everyone who provided assistance, especially Martin Dickopp
who sent a few emails back and forth.

Nitebirdz
http://www.sacredchaos.com/