crontab jobs not running?

Hi,

I recently installed Woody on a home server, proceeded to add a couple of
scripts to the "/var/spool/cron/crontabs/root" file by running the usual
'crontab -e' as root, and they never appear to run.  Am I supposed to do
this differently?  Sorry about what may sound like a very stupid question,
but I recently switched from Red Hat where one configures crontab the way
I explain here.

Just in case, here is the information I was adding:

# Run mkbackup script three times a week at 2:30 in the morning
30 2 * * Tue,Thu,Sun root /root/bin/mkbackup
# Run mkreport every night at 1:00 AM
0 1 * * * root /usr/local/sbin/mkreport.deb -o root

Nitebirdz
http://www.sacredchaos.com/