Re: crontab jobs not running?

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 10:59:18AM +0100, Andreas Janssen wrote:

> IIRC, if you edit user crontabs, you have to leave away the user field.
> The jobs will be run under the ID the crontab belongs to. If you use
> vixie cron, the user field is only needed in /etc/crontab and
> /etc/cron.d crontab segments.

I'm sorry.  You're right, and that's the way I was using it.  I originally
entered the information *without* the username, but then I decided to try
using the "/etc/crontab" file instead where one needs to enter the username.
When I copied and pasted the contents of the file, I used the latter.

So, here is the latest on this issue:

o If I add the entries I mentioned previously (*without* the usernames) via
  'crontab -e', the jobs never get executed.

o If I add them to the "/etc/crontab" file, they do get executed but at very
  different hours than the ones I specify.  For instance, the 'mkreport.deb'
  script runs at 7:00 PM for some reason.

o Yes, the system time appears to be correct whenever I run the 'date' command.

Any suggestions?

Nitebirdz
http://www.sacredchaos.com/