Re: IMAP server to fit this bill?

Dave Carrigan wrote:
Which is 100% true based on your initial assumptions.

    Uhm, no.  It is 100% correct based on what I know.

However, if your initial assumptions are false, then this is also false.
Your initial assumption is false.

No, your assuption is false. Where was it ever said that I use DSPAM. *You* use DSPAM. *I* use SpamAssassin. I have no inclination of changing that. Your assumption is that I was either using what you use or that I was willing to switch to what you use. Your assumption was wrong.

Granted they can filter on their end but the whole point is that they
don't download it.  Filtering comes after downloading.

This is another mistaken assumption of yours. Filtering does not require downloading. The whole reason I use server-side spam testing and IMAP is because I telecommute and do not want to download 100 messages when 99 of them are going to be spam.

You're assuming all of my users will be using IMAP. I never once said all users were using IMAP. I simply stated my requirements for IMAP. A full 1/2 my users, in fact, use POP.

I did mention elmo as well. I am not familiar with mutt's IMAP implementation and I'd be willing to wager that it isn't up to par given the preponderance of things mutt does wrong as well as how often most clients get IMAP wrong.

Given the number of mistaken assumptions you've made so far, I'll wager that this one is mistaken as well.

    Given the number of mistakes you think I have made I think I can discount
you as a credible source of information as you seem to be enamoured with what your setup does to the point of blinding you of what was asked.