Re: gnus losing mail?

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> writes:

> Kai Grossjohann <kgrossjo@eu.uu.net> writes:
>
>> Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> writes:
>>
>>> Alright, I got it sorted out.  I'm now using the nnml backend.  Here's
>>> what fixed mail for me...
>>
>> I don't think it's necessary to switch to nnml.  Everything should
>> work with nnfolder, too.
>
> Actually, all the docs I have seen have lead me to believe that nnml
> is the easiest to deal with, and so far that seems to be the case.

Yes, nnml seems to be a more popular backend than nnfolder.  Another
popular backend is nnimap, for those who have this kind of server.
And then there is nnmaildir, which has its own advantages.

Personally, I use nnimap for some accounts and nnml for others.  I've
been thinking about migrating to nnmaildir, but somehow the courage
is lacking :-|

>> Really?  It should work with nnfolder, too.
>
> It probably does, but now I've got nnml going and I'm not inclined to
> change it now that it's working properly.

Sure.  But in case people find our thread they will see that they
don't /need/ to migrate, if they don't want to.  That's why I wrote
it.

Kai