Re: gnus losing mail?

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> writes:

> gnus seems to have this odd habit of at least appearing not to handle
> incoming mail very well.  It warns that the mailbox was changed on
> disk out from under emacs and asks if I really want to save my
> changes.

Never, never, NEVER let any program write to the files that Gnus is
using.  That is, in the default configuration Gnus uses
~/Mail/mail/misc (or ~/Mail/mail.misc) for the default mail group,
and if you tell procmail to also write this file, then you'll quickly
get into trouble.

I don't know if this is your problem -- you weren't giving enough
information to determine this.

Kai