Re: Is Grub going to be official Sarge boot loader?

Gokul Poduval wrote:
Hello,
Looks like grub is going to be the default. The beta 3 releast notes of the debian installer says

The Debian Installer team is once again ready to announce a beta release
of the Debian sarge installer. New features in beta 3 include:

- new easy to use partitioner that supports automatic partitioning and LVM
  - *grub as the default boot loader on i386*
and so on...

er ... it is too hard to ask the installer "Which bootloader would you like to user:
         <Grub>               <Lilo>"

?

This way both camps will be happy. I am happy with grub though, I use Grub in Fedora, and whenever I reinstall Debian (for whatever reason) and if it is also using Grub I face no problems at all.

->HS

--
(Remove all underscores from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)