Re: Next stable release: 13 CD's

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> writes:

> "Derrick 'dman' Hudson" <dman@dman13.dyndns.org> writes:
>
>> | Further more, why am I penalized with a higher postage rate for not
>> | spamming?
>>
>> I don't understand this statement.
>
> Why should I have to pay a higher rate just because I don't spew forth
> several tons of postage?

Because that is the way markets work.  Buying in bulk is less
expensive.  "Why should I have to pay more for my motherboard just
because I'm not buying two hundred thousand of them?"

Your logic fails when you consider postage as a penalty.  Postage is
payment for a service.  Pre-sorted bulk mail is cheaper to deliver
than first class, and the postage reflects that.  But you know that.

--
Lift me down, so I can make the Earth tremble.
                                --Bucky Katt