Re: Next stable release: 13 CD's

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 11:16:25PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
| On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 10:38:18PM +0100, Osamu Aoki wrote:
| > Oh, BS.  US is excellent in comparison to other countries for mail
| > system. :-)
|
| I can go for days at a time without spam in my email, why can't I do
| it with the postal service?

The sender paid for the delivery.  Unlike with email spam where the
sender steals the resources for delivery.  Notice that, before you
implemented automatic throwing away of email, how you received vastly
more email spam than you did postal mail (ads and real mail).  Putting
the cost of delivery on the sender makes advertisers think twice
before paying to put a piece of paper in your mailbox.  (while I get
enough postal spam, I still don't get a whole lot)

| Further more, why am I penalized with a higher postage rate for not
| spamming?

I don't understand this statement.

-D

--
One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,