Re: Next stable release: 13 CD's

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 10:09:46PM +0100, Olle Eriksson wrote:
> So what is the alternative then? Should we skip packages just to keep
> the number of CDs down?

Is there already an option (in big, bold, blinking letters BEFORE the
13 CD) named something to the effect of: "base install complete
the rest of your install via the Internet."

I know I wouldn't have chosen Debian if I thought I had to download more
than one CD. Ultimately I used the netinstall (minimal CD) then upgraded
my brains out from there. I personally think that as long as this option
is big, bold and BEFORE the 13 disc option that everything will be fine.
Certainly this is the case when I look at the web site today. I choose:
	Network install
	Minimal CD
and go from there. But maybe this isn't the new way of doing things?

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]