Re: Next stable release: 13 CD's

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:32:56 -0600
John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:

> Colin Watson writes:
> > No, it's not, because you very likely don't need them all. It's not as
> > if the installer requires registration of all 13 before it lets you do
> > anything else.
>
> Most potential users don't know that.

Well, it doesn't make much sense to me to put up a page with installation
instructions ("You only need Disk #1 to install the base system...") for
a release that doesn't exist and isn't imminent.  Presumably, when there
actually is a release, this fact will be publicized -- like it was for
Woody, which was 7 CDs but didn't require them all either.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)