Re: "Fixing" dependency problems with some sort of alias?

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:26:08 -0500
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:

> With gaim being broken indefinitely, I thought I'd give ymessenger a
> try. I'm running unstable so there's a dependency issue with the
> install(libssl0.9.6 is required but I have libssl0.9.7). I used
> --ignore-depends on the dpkg install command to get ymessenger
> installed and it works fine.
>
> But apt-get notices the problem and wants to fix it. Is there anyway
> that I can tell apt-get to just ignore the problem,
> just alias libssl0.9.7 as libssl0.9.6 or something like that?

You could get the .deb file from /var/cache/apt/archives , extract it
and change te requirements to libssl0.9.7.

You could also have a look at the equivs package and create a dummy
package providing libssl0.9.6.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de