howto compile aic79xx for bf24

Hi list, plz kindly CC me since I'm not on list.

I've been trying to install Woody on a new box, but the installer doesn't
include a aic79xx.o.

I installed kernel-headers-2.4.18-bf2.4, and downloaded aic79xx source.
But the aic79xx source was part of an entire kernel source tree, i.e.
it's supposed to be built under a complete kernel source tree. So, I
can't figure out howto compile it with just kernel-headers-2.4.18-bf2.4,
failing to find kernel-source-2.4.18-bf2.4.

I guess the knoppix-install tool may do, since knoppix should have a
proper aic79xx driver included. But, I'm kind of paranoid, wanting
nothing but the purest form of Debian ;)

Any hint folks? I guess this must be a faq, so does anyone happen to
have a compiled aic79xx.o for use with Woody installer's bf24 kernel?

Thanks for any hint or suggestion.

--

Regards, Isaac