Re: howto compile aic79xx for bf24

Hei!

Ühel ilusal päeval [15-03-2004 12:06] kirjutas Isaac Claymore:

[...]

> I've been trying to install Woody on a new box, but the installer doesn't
> include a aic79xx.o.

[...]

> I guess the knoppix-install tool may do, since knoppix should have a
> proper aic79xx driver included. But, I'm kind of paranoid, wanting
> nothing but the purest form of Debian ;)

I was in the similar situation few days ago. I didn't bother with
compiling kernel modules for bf24 kernel. I booted the computer with
Knoppix CD, loaded aic79xx.o module and used debootstrap to install
Woody base system, chrooted, apt-get'ed kernel-package and sources,
compiled new kernel with aic79xx statically compiled in. Then I completed
base-config, executed lilo, rebooted and -- voila -- there was the
computer running "the purest form of Debian". :-)

Juhan