Re: iptables script absent in Sarge?

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 06:22:22PM -0500, H. S. wrote:
> >Typo.. That should have been /usr/share/doc/iptables/Readme.Debian.gz ..
> >My mistake, but since we're talking about iptables, that ought to be
> >obvious.
>
> No no, the mistake was mine. I am not familiar with this documentation
> system else it should have been obvivious. I am still learning my way
> around Debian. But I really appreciate your being so patient and
> helpful. I am going over that documentation now -- in the process of I
> have leanred about "zless" :)

Yes, zless it quite handy.  There's also a bzless, bzcat set for bzipped
files, also.

/usr/share/doc/<packagename> is quite useful, especially if it's a
question about packaging.  If I'm not mistaken, it's a Debian Policy
requirement that a package provides this directory, and, again, I'm not
100% positive, but that it also includes a changelog.Debian file.

Also, there is sometimes a quite extensive addition to the documentation
found here, too.  And iptables is one of them  - check out the stuff in
the html directory.  Point your browser at
/usr/share/doc/html/<either of the files with no number>.