more installation stuff

hi fiolks,

Got started with the installation and encountered some problems.

1. I'm using a USB 56K modem. Window XP recognised it's port as COM3. In Debian installation, COM3 is /dev/ttyS2. No option for USB port?

2. I'm installation X-Window. I have two video ports, one is PCI S3ViRGE and the other is onboard Intel 82865G AGP. What's the X server driver for the Intel chip?
I try out X-Window with the PCI controller. On boot-up, the screen goes blank and CTRL-ALT-F1 does not bring up the command-line screen. How now?

Would appreciate some answers.

Thanks

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search - Find what you?re looking for faster.