Re: dpkg EOF mozilla error after dselect install

On Thursday 11 March 2004 11:11 pm, Edward J. Shornock wrote:
> Thursday, March 11, 2004, 9:30:13 PM, Nick Lidakis wrote:
>
> NL> Running unstable debian here, and after a dselect update, dselect
> install:
>

> NL> marvin:/home/nick# dselect install
> NL> Reading Package Lists... Done
> NL> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> NL> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
> NL> 4 not fully installed or removed.
> NL> Need to get 0B of archives.
> NL> After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
> NL> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> NL> Setting up mozilla-browser (1.6-2) ...
> NL> Updating mozilla chrome
> NL> registry.../usr/sbin/update-mozilla-chrome: line
> NL> 68: une
> NL> xpected EOF while looking for matching `}'
>
> Open the file /usr/sbin/update-mozilla-chrome .
>
> Change lines 68 & 69 from
> -start-
> touch ${LIBDIR]/chrome/user-skins.rdf
> touch ${LIBDIR]/chrome/user-locales.rdf
> -end-

> -start-
> touch ${LIBDIR}/chrome/user-skins.rdf
> touch ${LIBDIR}/chrome/user-locales.rdf
> -end-
>
> This should solve it, as I had the same problem tonight.  After making
> those changes, run "apt-get -f install" to continue the upgrade.

After I did this,  when I ran aptitude upgrade

  libnasl2 nessus nessusd
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/2231kB of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Selecting previously deselected package mozilla-mailnews.
(Reading database ... 144150 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace mozilla-mailnews 2:1.6-2 (using .../mozilla-mailnews_2%
3a1.6-2_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement mozilla-mailnews ...
Selecting previously deselected package mozilla-psm.
Preparing to replace mozilla-psm 2:1.6-2 (using .../mozilla-psm_2%
3a1.6-2_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement mozilla-psm ...
Selecting previously deselected package mozilla-xft.
Preparing to replace mozilla-xft 2:1.6-2 (using .../mozilla-xft_2%
3a1.6-2_i386.deb) ...
Adding `diversion of /usr/lib/mozilla/components/libgfx_gtk.so
to /usr/lib/mozilla/components/libgfx_gtk.so.pure by mozilla-xft'
Unpacking replacement mozilla-xft ...
Updating mozilla chrome registry...done.
Setting up mozilla-browser (1.6-2) ...
Updating mozilla chrome registry...done.

Setting up mozilla-mailnews (1.6-2) ...
Updating mozilla chrome registry...done.

Setting up mozilla-psm (1.6-2) ...
Updating mozilla chrome registry...done.

Setting up mozilla-xft (1.6-2) ...
Updating mozilla chrome registry...done.
<<<<<<<<<<<<

Then if I type aptitude install
This ...

The following packages will be automatically REMOVED:
  mozilla-locale-de-at mozilla-mailnews mozilla-psm mozilla-xft
  libnasl2 nessus nessusd
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  alsamixergui arts artsbuilder atlantik avifile-player bristol dcraw edict
  flashkard kaboodle kalzium kanjidic kaptain kaudiocreator kbackgammon
  kblackbox kcoloredit kde-core kde-icons-crystal kde-icons-noia
  kde-theme-matte kdeaddons kdeadmin kdeartwork kdeartwork-misc
  kdeartwork-style kdeartwork-theme-icon kdeartwork-theme-window kdebase
  kdeedu kdeedu-data kdegames kdegames-card-data kdegraphics kdelibs
  kdemultimedia kdemultimedia-kio-plugins kdenetwork kdesdk-kfile-plugins
  kdeutils kdewallpapers kdf kdict kedit keduca kenolaba kernel-doc-2.6.3
  kernel-image-2.6.0-1-k7 kernel-image-2.6.3-1-k7 kfouleggs khangman
  kicker-applets kit kiten kjots kjumpingcube klettres klickety klines
  kmessedwords kmid kmidi kmines kmplot kmrml knewsticker
  knewsticker-scripts knode kolf konquest korn kpat kpercentage kpoker
  kpovmodeler krec kregexpeditor kruler ksame kscreensaver kshisen ksim
  ksirc ksirtet ksmiletris ksnake kspaceduel ksysguard ksysguardd ktouch
  ktron ktuberling kverbos kvoctrain kwin-style-mkultra kwin4 kxmlrpc
  libarts1-audiofile libarts1-mpeglib libarts1-xine libavifile-0.7c102
  libfinance-quote-perl libfltk1.1c102 libhtml-tableextract-perl
  libhtml-tree-perl libio-stringy-perl libkdeedu1 libmailtools-perl
  libmime-perl libnews-nntpclient-perl libpng3 libqt2 libsndfile0
  libtimedate-perl liburi-perl libwww-perl libxslt1 lskat megami
  mozilla-browser mozilla-locale-de-at mozilla-mailnews mozilla-psm
  mozilla-xft mpeglib noatun noatun-plugins timidity xawtv-plugin-qt
  xmms-qbble xmovie
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 131 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 293MB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]

What did I do?  Is this unrelated?

(knoppix based sarge/sid running kde 3.1.5 and 2.6.3 kernel)

Jaz