Re: dpkg EOF mozilla error after dselect install

Thursday, March 11, 2004, 9:30:13 PM, Nick Lidakis wrote:

NL> Running unstable debian here, and after a dselect update, dselect install:

NL> marvin:/home/nick# dselect install
NL> Reading Package Lists... Done
NL> Building Dependency Tree... Done
NL> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
NL> 4 not fully installed or removed.
NL> Need to get 0B of archives.
NL> After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
NL> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
NL> Setting up mozilla-browser (1.6-2) ...
NL> Updating mozilla chrome
NL> registry.../usr/sbin/update-mozilla-chrome: line
NL> 68: une
NL> xpected EOF while looking for matching `}'

Open the file /usr/sbin/update-mozilla-chrome .

Change lines 68 & 69 from
-start-
touch ${LIBDIR]/chrome/user-skins.rdf
touch ${LIBDIR]/chrome/user-locales.rdf
-end-

-start-
touch ${LIBDIR}/chrome/user-skins.rdf
touch ${LIBDIR}/chrome/user-locales.rdf
-end-

This should solve it, as I had the same problem tonight.  After making
those changes, run "apt-get -f install" to continue the upgrade.