Re: Lost Login after running e2fsck how to repair

Hallo,
>Is there any way to reinstall the root user??
well basically, that's the problem, lfs users have to deal with during
install. I think (but You might get more acurate descriptions from
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/ )
their way is to create the passwd file at first, than chroot into the system
and do a "passwd" for the root user. Another way to lock Yourself out would
be the "nologin" file, but I think, at least woody clears this file at every
system start. If You can chroot into that file, try a "su" into a normal
user. If that's working, You know Your users are still there. You could also
try to add a new user and look, whether he can log on.
   js
--
A pain in the ass of major dimensions.
		-- C.A. Desoer, on the solution of non-linear circuits