Re: clamav backport install

On Wednesday 10 March 2004 17:35, Rick Weinbender shoved this in my mailbox:
> Hi,
> I recently installed clam anti-virus from the backport
> at www.backports.org.
> Has anyone gone thru this backport install and lived to tell
> about it?  :-)  I must be missing something? (brains perhaps)
> If so, I would sure appreciate any help.

Hey Rick,

I installed the clamav from backports 2 days ago. My MTA is postfix and I've
got amavisd-new (installed from source) to handle passing of the mail to
clamav.
Postfix accepts mail, hands it over to amavisd-new (listening on port 10024).
amavisd-new hands it to clamav (and to spamassassin in my setup) and if all
is fine, it passes it back to postfix on port 10025.

I had no real issues with this setup, apart from the fact that it mentioned
nowhere that you had to configure postfix to listen on port 10025.
In the amavisd-new config file, there's a clamav entry by default, and using
that works fine for me.
If you want, I could post some snippets of config files to get you  going.

However, maybe you're not using amavisd-new and all this isn't much help.

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.