Re: clamav backport install

On Thursday 11 March 2004 21:27, you hurled the following on the wire:
> Joost,
> Thanks for taking the time to reply.
> I believe I have clam anti-virus actually working?!!?
> Tho I'm a bit cautious about saying it too loudly. :-)
> *
> On a suggestion from Adam Web from clamav-users
> Tues, March 9.  (I don't know if this could be adapted to postfix)
> Adam has a solution that uses ONLY clamav and clamav-daemon.
> (his post below).

> *
> Do you see a problem with only using clam anti-virus?

Hey rick,

I've CC'd the list, since we failed do to so previously.

I can't comment on Adam's setup since I don't run qmail, but I do know that this setup is not workable for me.
Adam suggests to configure the user's environment but that only works if you
have local mail delivery (in other words, if you run this on your mail
server).
I don't run clamavd on our mail server, but on our mail relay. It's a machine
in out DMZ that accepts all SMTP traffic and scans it. It all is ok, it
forwards it to our mail server on out internal network (it's a common setup).
Since there is absolutely no local mail delivery (it's easy to disable that in
postfix, don't know about qmail), Adam's setup doesn't do it for me.

I don't see a problem with clam, and since many people use it, I guess others
agree.

joost
joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.