Re: clamav backport install

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 10:35:40AM -0600, Rick Weinbender wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently installed clam anti-virus from the backport
> at www.backports.org.
> (system is debian stable running qmail)
> Modified my sources.list file to point to backports.org,
> then ran 'apt-get install clamav'.
> The install goes fine, but it doesn't scan mail without some
> additional configuring.
> I don't find any specific documentation to further configure it.
What are you using for interfacing between clamav and your qmail?
I guess that qmail is like my postfix just the MTA part and has
no features for content scanning (heart that qmail without patches
is realy barebone but sort of secure ;). I'm using postfix with
amavis-postfix and clamav for virus scanning my email stuff so
I guess you need something like amavis or the sendmail milter
interface aswell with qmail.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak