Re: ut2004demo

John Stevenson wrote:

All the information you need you already have, but here is a summary of what to do.

The following tasks should be done as the root account

1) Shutdown X (gdm,xdm,kdm).

2) Issue the command: nvidia-installer --uninstall

The drivers and install files will all be removed for you.

3) Install the nvidia drivers packages:

nvidia-kernel-common
nvidia-glx
nvidia-kernel-source

Assuming that you have debconf installed, the debian packages check whether you should be using TLS libraries and configures the install for you.

4) Once the debian nvidia packages are installed, compiled a module image for the nvidia modules. If you have never compiled a module image before, details are in the /usr/share/doc/nvidia-kernel-source/README.Debian document.

If you get to this point and get stuck, let me known.

Johnny.

Thomas G wrote:

John Stevenson wrote:

I am assuming that you have an NVidia 3D graphics card and have installed the NVidia drivers for that card.

<snip>

Well... yes you are right I am using the nvidia driver package thing can you please give me the info on how to uninstall it and then what package it is for the nvidia driver I did not see any drivers besides for OCing when I did a search for nvidia

Thanks Thomas

Steve thank you. Took me a while to find out you actually said something since you top posted but shrug. Those "packages" you mentioned... where can I find them?

I did not find it on any of my sources and they are as follows:

deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main
deb-src ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main

Thank you,
Thomas G