Re: ut2004demo

<major snip>

I ran into this problem a few weeks ago, and this thread solved it
for me.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&edition=us&threadm=1cz01-1mW-17%
40gated-at.bofh.it&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dsh%2BNvidia%2Brun%2B%
252B%2Btls%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26edition%3Dus%26hl%3Den%
26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch

I used the "sh Nvidia run + tls" as a search term in google,  at the
time I ran a search on the error code, and on XFree86 error log.  If
you look real close to your Xfree86 log you will see that at times
it does not load the Open GL driver.  Also as stated some of the bug
reports are closed, seems like its a bug in the Nvidia driver.

#sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4349.run --force-tls=classic

Use the --force-tls=classic with the most current drivers.
In my case it is the 5336 that I have installed here.
This does work for me in a 2.4 kernel, and might not work in a 2.6
kernel.  Make sure you exit out of X, and re install the drivers
from a console, it took me two times for the Xfree86 log, to stop
printing EE glib errors.  Of course each time the Nvidia script said
it finished OK, so be weary and check your logs.

I also guess you can use ln -s links like mentioned above else where,
but if you upgrade your drivers, you will have dead links, which may
or may not point to the right updated files.  I find it much easier
to just use the --force line.

Rthoreau