Re: ut2004demo

I am assuming that you have an NVidia 3D graphics card and have installed the NVidia drivers for that card. If neither of those thing are true, then stop reading this now... as this email wont help you!!!

Okay, still here... good. From the info you have provided, it sounds like you are trying to use the NVidia Installer with XFree 4.3.x. If this is so, then the easiest solution is to uninstall the NVidia Installer completely and use the debian package for the NVidia driver.

I posted the details of this last week to this list, so if you need assistance check the archives and then ask this list for further help.

If your situation is different than described above, provide more details of what you have installed...
Johnny.

Well I was trying to get ut2004demo and I seemed to have a common error message others were missing. So i read some of the archives of this list and found that removing "/usr/lib/tls" might fix my problems... well it did not.

How can I get this back and how can i get ut2004 to work?

the error message I get now is as follows:
thogue@localhost:~$ ut2004demo
open /dev/[sound/]dsp: Device or resource busy
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Couldn't set video mode: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

History:

Exiting due to error
thogue@localhost:~$

thanks