Re: phpmyadmin: help!

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 11:53:31AM -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:

> Ollie,
>
> thank you for your answer. I have installed phpmyadmin from binaries (.
> deb). It is not a matter of caps. At home, phpmyadmin works fine with
> http://localhost/phpmyadmin. The problem is with my machine at work.
> This machine is connected to a local LAN. I wonder if I need to
> reconconfigure ApacheSSl with some special option...

Marcelo,

OK, you are trying for local access via browser to phpmyadmin, i.e., you are
running the browser on the machine that has phpmyadmin installed.

1. Does apache run? http://localhost gives some kind of web page.
2. You installed phpmyadmin somewhere that apache can find it (i.e., a
subdirectory off the document root)?
3. Apache has the php capability set up? Can you write a test.php in your
document root that has:

	 <?phpinfo() ?>

as its sole entry. If so, what does the output look like when you browse to
it? It should give a long list of system and php information.
4. Recheck your entries in phpmyadmin/config.inc.php -- note especially the
host, user and password (that's for mysql) that are required to gain
information from mysql.
5. Check the security on the phpmyadmin directory. Can apache read it?

If you are in good shape on all of those, then it looks like ApacheSSL might
indeed be the culprit. You'll need someone else to help there.

Good luck,

Ollie