Re: Knoppix 3.3 beats Debian sid badly in glxgears

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 09:07:40AM -0600, Kent West wrote:

> "glxinfo | more"
>
> and then about the fourth line down to see if you have DRI enabled.

Thanks - also for the others for their answers.

A further question:  I see that DRI is not enabled for me.  How do I
enable it?

I have the following DRI-related entries in my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:

Section "Module"
	Load	"GLcore"
	Load	"bitmap"
	Load	"dbe"
	Load	"ddc"
	Load	"dri"
	Load	"extmod"
	Load	"freetype"
	Load	"glx"
	Load	"int10"
	Load	"record"
	Load	"speedo"
	Load	"type1"
	Load	"vbe"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
	Mode	0666
EndSection

Maybe it is a hardware issue:

     *-display UNCLAIMED
             product: 82865G Integrated Graphics Device
             vendor: Intel Corp.
             physical id: 2
             bus info: pci@00:02.0
             version: 02
             size: 128MB
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: vga bus_master cap_list
             configuration: irq=16

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so
      that in all things at all times, having all that you
      need, you will abound in every good work."
                                  II Corinthians 9:8