Re: Config files for exim4 package.

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 12:07, Adam Funk wrote:
> When I migrated to Debian a while back I wasn't too impressed with the
> configuration method for the exim4 package: a lot of little files
> in /etc/exim4/conf.d/ and a program to generate the real conf file.  I
> can see the advantages of this, but I had a perfectly good exim.conf
> file to reuse that I had carefully developed over some time.
>
> So I built Exim from source and installed an equivs package.  But now
> I'm wondering -- does the update program just cat all the bits together
> into exim.conf?  Could I have just deleted everything
> from /etc/exim4/conf.d/ and copied my own exim.conf file in there, so
> that the updater would effectively copy that file to the real one?

The backported version for woody provides this as an option in the
/etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf file, so that when you run
update-exim4.conf, it will generate the running config from either the
/etc/exim4/conf.d config or the customary /etc/exim4/exim4.conf

Of course, you could modify the update-exim4.conf script to do whatever
you like, regardless of whether it is available in the package for the
branch of your choice

-davidc