Re: Pentium 100Mhz New User

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 21:09, Tomy Alarie wrote:
> Hi i'm new to this list and i just want to know a couple of things to be
> sure to configure my computer correclty. First, i have a serial mouse type
> Com-2 or serial. I just want to know which selection im supposed to choose
> in the xfree86 configuration generated by debconf ?
>
> thanks

If the mouse is on COM2 (windows), the mouse device should be
/dev/ttyS1, and I'm guessing that driver to be used should be the
"Microsoft" driver like so:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/ttyS0"
	Option		"Protocol"		"Microsoft"
EndSection

I may be wrong about the driver, since I havent used a serial mouse in a
long time. You could give it a whirl report back if it doesnt work.

-davidc