xmms output device

* Thomas G. (debian@staff.lan-zig.com)[20040308 17:05]:
> I am a windows user attempting to migrate to linux... I love to
> game... I know my computer "stuff" but configuring linux programs isnt
> the easiest thing... it takes experience...
>
> I cant get XMMS to work ... it doesnt pick up on my sound card but
> KDE3 does... anyone know why?

Check your output plugin in XMMS. (Options | Preferences |
Audio I/O Plugins | Output Plugin). You probably want the OSS
output module.

What is the error message xmms gives you?  When does it
happen?  Is it able to load a song?  Does it give an error
when trying to play the song?  Does it look like it's
playing fine but you don't hear anything?

You'll get better help quicker if you provide these details
when you ask a question.  Instead of just saying "it doesn't
work", you should say exactly what you tried, what you were
expecting, and what you observed.

good times,
Vineet