Re: Kernel patching + compilation for Cobalt RAQ 500....

 Hi Johnathan,

> I'm confused, are You trying to install a debain patch on a vanilla
> kernel or the other way round? I cannot find a cobalt patch with my
> woody package list, so it's not in the current stable distribution?
> Anyway, debian kernel packages are usually somehow patched and You
> might run into trouble, once You use a vanilla kernel source against a
> debian patch or the other way round.
> Switch both to debian packages (recommended) or the other way round.

 I'm using the testing distribution to compile the kernel upon. There is
no Debian kernel source package for 2.4.23 so it's a vanilla unpatched
kernel source, but the patch package only supports kernel 2.4.23?!

 I think I'll have to contact the patch maintainer...

 -Cheers Max.